Monday, June 22, 2009

Dr. Joe and Mary Kay


As we approached Escondido, Califonia on the interstate, I mentioned to my riding partner that my first cousin Dr. Joe Rua and his wife, Mary Kay lived in this area of California and that I would enjoy visitng them as we passed through here. I placed the call, Joe answered, and within minutes we were sitting in their living room drinking coffee. Great visit as we compared notes as to how our families were doing. Everyone, including chidren, are all doing good. Both Joe and Mary Kay were taken back by our arrival on motorcycles. Big smiles covered their faces as they focused on the bearded cousin and his explanation as to living his dream of circling the USA on a motorcycle. We agreed that our children meeting sometime in the future would be a good thing. Our link is that my mother was Dr. Joe's fathers baby sister. Enjoyed the visit very much.

1 comment:

  1. Joe and I are still chuckling at the sight of Louie getting off his Harley! It was great to connect again after all these years. I swear he is aging in reverse! What a great memory we will all have.

    ReplyDelete