Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 15th


Our arrival in Colorado Springs;

It just so happened that Kent and Marilyn Merkel were in Colorado Springs at a family reunion in celebration of their 50Th wedding anniversary. Long story short, the Merkels are friends of Bob and Janet and were not aware of our arrival here. They were away for the day white water rafting, and so when they returned to their vacation home, these two ripe (well, you all have seen the blog pictures) motorcycle guys are sitting on the front porch! So, I say to Kent "Sir, we are lost and can't find our way out of here" The look on his face while trying to figure out WHO the hell are these strangers sitting on my porch, was just priceless!! I then ask " you wouldn't happened to have a couple of rooms for the night would ya?" NO SIR! ABSOLUTELY NOT! (and by now, completely wound up). I then say "Is your name Merkle by any chance? " YES IT IS????" to which I respond with "well then in that case, Janet Allison sent me all the way here from Maryland to say Happy Anniversary!" Having now figured out this guy must be Bobby Chandler, Kent responds back with "come on down off that porch so I can kick your butt!

This was definitely one of those Kodak moment, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I've been with you before when you logged one of those cross-country "GOTCHAS". Priceless.

    ReplyDelete